EVECIA, the eco-responsible solution from the ITinSell Software suite, relies on the algorithmic approach and various AIs to offer the best container-content match for packaging, while maximizing the reusability of recycled packaging.
Optimize the void rate in your parcels
Have you ever received a parcel with a container much larger than the contents?
That time will soon be over!
EVECIA relies on an algorithmic approach and various AIs to offer the best container-content match for packaging, while maximizing the reusability of recycled packaging.
No more oversized parcels, no more packaging waste. EVECIA will become your n°1 ally in the implementation of eco-responsible logistics.
Following our audit and recommendations, we will be able to improve:
Reduce your freight costs on a weight by volume basis
Improve your brand image
Reduce your carbon footprint
Simplify your logistics and boost productivity
Save on packaging and cushioning, and reduce waste
Reduce void rates and packaging raw materials in e-commerce by 50% thanks to AI.
How the solution works: 4 complementary APIs
– Integration of all references: weight, logistical dimensions, brittleness, crushing, compression and deformation criteria….
– Integration of a conformity check to eliminate weight and dimension anomalies
– Integration of your order history and packaging catalog
– We calculate the set of optimum packaging references according to the constraints formulated (space, number of references, dimensions, etc.).
The combination of these two APIs enables us to :
– Calculate your historical vacuum rate if you had always used the optimum packaging.
– Calculate the projected vacuum rate using the proposed selection.
– A definitive selection of packaging is made.
– For each order sent for preparation, the PLC calculates the optimum packaging to be used.
– The packaging is picked as part of the order during the preparation phase.
– You manage packaging as a reference, integrating alert and reorder thresholds, etc…
– Recyclable and second-life packaging, mechanized lines and 3D robotics are all taken into account.
– In order to choose the packaging, we calculate the best layout for the products.
– The picker no longer has to choose a package, the AI does it for them. The expertise of your teams does the rest.
Les Origines : 2019, ITinSell Software wins ADEME “Circular economy and waste recovery” award
ITinSell Software is a winner of the Programme des investissements d’Avenir operated by the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME), promoting more environmentally-friendly e-commerce as part of the EVECIA project. The EVECIA project has been selected as part of the major future investment plans financed by the French government.
The aim is to propose new solutions to help reduce the empty space in E-commerce packaging, while integrating the circular economy into packaging reuse.
With the explosion of e-commerce, reducing the vacuum transported, the packaging waste associated with this sector and the implementation of a circular economy represent major opportunities for ecological and economic improvement.
In 2018, deliveries of products ordered online accounted for 165 billion packages shipped in the United States alone. As a study by Forbes Insights and DS Smith shows, these packages are on average 45% empty, resulting in an economic loss of $146 billion and an additional 122 million tonnes of CO2 emissions.
Two types of solution exist on the market to address this problem:
- – Packaging creation by specialized robots.
– Just-in-time” algorithmic selection of the right packaging format, which also enables the implementation of a circular economy (reuse of second-life and reusable packaging).
Objective: ITinSell Software for greener e-commerce
To meet these major challenges, ITinSell Software has developed a software solution to automatically and intelligently optimize the packaging of products sold online.
A leader in parcel tracking in France, ITinSell Software’s ambition has always been to put its skills and database to work for the benefit of logistics and e-commerce that are more respectful of consumers and the environment.
As the winner of the “Investissements d’Avenir” call for projects operated by ADEME, this support represents an invaluable opportunity for ITinSell Software to help the logistics sector evolve, while reducing the carbon footprint of e-commerce.
Case study: packaging a smartphone
We won’t quote it, but maybe you’ll recognize it… 🍏
A famous smartphone brand, had the very good idea of reducing the size of the primary packaging of its flagship product between the 2021 and 2022 versions.
This decision has had a considerable impact, saving 2 million tons of CO2 emissions per year. Excellent news!
Inspired by this approach, we wanted to go even further. And guess what? There’s still significant potential for optimization!
The vacuum rate in primary packaging is still over 50%, and the vacuum rate in e-commerce packaging is over 90%.
That’s better than before, but it means there’s still plenty of room for improvement to further reduce material use and environmental impact.